Wednesday 30 March 2011

Walking the walk

Much to my relief I have managed to drop quite a few kilos of weight recently and I cannot really tell you, dear reader, how happy and contented that makes me feel. I am not kidding, it is the truth, I do assure you. For a number of years you see I have carried around with me the typical bulky frame of a man in his early middle age. I did not like it. Some people call it quasi whimsically ‘the battle of the bulge.’ After all, once an average man hits forty years of age, he tends to sport a bit of a spare tire around his waist. And I do not think it is a good luck, to be perfectly honest.

In my younger years I was more involved with sports such as tennis, basketball and soccer. I simply loved football or soccer as we Antipodeans like to call that elegant and athletic game. Tennis was good too and I enjoyed the combination of exertion, speed and skills that it required.

These days, I opt for a more comfortable way to exercise and work out. My lovely fiancée and I regularly go for strenuous walks around this beautiful parkland we like in the neighbourhood. The fresh air, the wildlife, the green scenery all combine to make those walks a genuine pleasure.

Of course, healthy food and a sensible diet is important as well, that almost goes without saying. With the use of a Blender Bottle and a calorie counting recipe book we are set to achieve even more weight loss.

Life is pretty good when you feel good the direction in which you are heading

No comments: