Sunday 6 March 2011

Writing forever..

Writing has for ages been a grand passion of mine, it has to be said. Nothing else really gets my attention like text and then more accurately well written text. I just love the original usage of words, a deft turn of phrase or an image or metaphor that hits where it hurts. To me, that is just a wonderful way to celebrate the mind and the heart, both being invaluable tools of any creative writer.

With the onset of the digital age it became easier to write, by simply making advances in typing itself, the mere act of typing text became more sophisticated and user friendly. I remember banging out reams of text on type writers, albeit electronic ones, and having a devil of a time trying to correct errors and typos that had slipped me by.

And then of course, Halleluja, we had the first text processors and lateron computers, lap tops and the ever evolving word processing programmes that were available.

Things like blog layouts and website design became important to know about as were HTML and CSS. I love my blogs and it affords me a smooth outlet for whatever occupies my mind at any given moment. I can include pictures, video or other image based material, but to me the written word will always prevail.

No comments: