Saturday 30 April 2011

Keeping fit

Life is a funny old thing, isn’t really? Do you agree with me? When you are young you are full of vim and vigour and you feel virtually indestructible, so to speak. At least, that is more or less how I felt for much of my early years. I did sort of feel as though I could really do just about anything and nothing could stop me in my tracks. I took risks every now and then and engaged in some ill advised activities from time to time, and somehow I did sail through all of that glorious turmoil, straight into my early middle ages. Ahum.

My weight was never really a big issue. I was fairly fit and energetic and could also more or less eat whatever I fancied without putting on too much weight. I played sports, a bit of soccer and tennis and I also enjoyed swimming a lot.

These days of course I do need to be a bit more careful with regards to gaining weight and exercising more where possible. When you are a little bit older it is just harder to keep slim as your body just wants you to slow down and take it easy and have a cake. Or two. So it is a bit harder to keep fit and slim. Of course there are many more weightloss and bariatric options to choose from so that does make it easier. I will keep fit, as fit as fit can be!

No comments: