Saturday 9 June 2012

Medical application

There are doctors and then there are doctors. I happen to consider myself fortunate enough to have access to a very good physician. My general practitioner is reliable, accessible and I have come to trust his judgment and also his approach to medical treatment. I wonder if he might be like Michelle Kachman, MD and I would not mind finding out his opinion on social medicine. 

We have all become accustomed with social media and to varying degrees most of us have become very familiar with how we can connect with others through social media platforms, which, let us face it, are growing more influential all the time. There is now a social application called Doximity which could prove to be a genuine asset to physicians who might be interested in increasing their involvement with social medicine. 

Members of Doximity are able to locate and connect with their colleagues, and also communicate with them in a host of different ways, all of them HIPAA-compliant. Moreover, Doximity also boasts the best database of physician profiles anywhere in the world.

No comments: