Tuesday 22 November 2011

A world of words

Words, to me, are a very important part of every day life. Sure, I can hear you ask, does that not apply to most of us, all things considered? I do not know, really. I just know that for me, as a poet and editor it matters a lot to me to endeavour to find decent ways of expressing myself effectively. For a number of years now, for instance, I have been editing a literary magazine. It has a certain modest following and it has been a pleasure to be in a position to publish work by new and upcoming poets from all over the world. After all, I remember so well how I felt when my own poem submissions would meet with an editor’s approval and to see your own literary efforts in print is a rare thrill.

I also work for a translation service as I am bilingual and have been translating between English and Dutch and vice versa. I find that sort of work very satisfying on several levels.

There are so many translation agencies to choose from if you are in the market to commission work or to find employment as a translator. The work is our there if you want to forge ahead and make your mark as a translator.

If you need to have a document translated then I would urge you to do some research before you decide on any one translation agency to entrust with your project. I found that Rosetta Translation is a superb translation company and I can highly recommend them to anyone with an interest in quality translation services.

No comments: