Wednesday 13 June 2007

Yasmin's column

A short while ago I posted a link to a news story about a particularly sickening case of honour-killing here in the UK. A Kurdish father had had his daughter killed for loving the wrong kind of Kurd. And I wondered how we are to put up with barbarism like this, imported from areas in the world where values are held in regard that would not and should not be acceptable in the West.

Today, I read a good article in The Independent by Yasmin Alibhai Brown:
http://comment.independent.co.uk/columnists_a_l/yasmin_alibhai_brown/article2650971.ece


She makes a good argument in a clear and concise manner. I've always read her articles with interest and often disagreed vehemently with her. She would always respond to my emails to her, though, no matter how scathing I was at times when commenting on her writing. Although often an incorrigible leftoid, she probably is basically 'a good egg'.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: