Friday 11 April 2008

Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly

There are many places in the world where I would one day like to visit with my darling wife. We enjoy travelling and seeing different places, savouring foreign cuisine and getting to know other peoples in far flung cities and so on.
I can enjoy lying on the beach, taking in the sun’s rays and not doing much of anything. I can also find much to relish in a city trip and seeing the sights and sounds that a major metropolis has to offer. There is so much still that I would like to see.

But closer to home there are also many interesting places and beautiful sights to behold. I would love to see more of the wonderful county of Cornwall and then take in the Isles of Scilly as well. In fact, a Cornwall day trip would be just up my street. Cornwall is a stunning county with rugged coastlines where the cliffs drop off majestically into the sea. I love the little coves you see along the coast with tiny picturesque fishing villages dotted around.

Of course the Isles of Scilly would be a marvellous destination. There are some lovely islands to visit, just off the tip of Cornwall. And they are so easy to get to using ferries or airplane transport.



No comments: