Sunday 7 September 2008

Invisible football match

I had been looking forward to the match between England and Andorra. Not that I believed Andorra to be a formidable opponent, far from it. But any world cup qualifier that involves the England team is worth watching. So, I'd poured myself a pint of bitter, put the crisps within reach and settled down only to find the match was not shown on terrestrial or free digital television.

If you didn't have a subscription to a sports channel you could not watch the game. I think this is really poor. After all, just because I don't subscribe to a major sports package doesn't mean I don't want to watch the national team playing an international match at our national sport. I think it's really bad form to make it impossible for so many people to watch these games. Bad show!



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: