Saturday 6 March 2010

A new health regime

I am happy to say that recently I have been losing some weight. For a number of years now I have to admit that I was sporting a bit of a beer belly. I suppose this is a common feature of the bodies of men of my years. The battle of the bulge is a hard one as most will agree with me. It is not that easy to shift that weight but recently I have been making some progress. I even started doing some running and walking on a more or less regular basis.

I just walk around the block for about half an hour, speeding up every now and then and just trying slowly to build up my stamina and overall physical shape. I am also thinking about joining a Tai Chi class sometime soon. We will see. It is a bit of a struggle to maintain a healthy diet as well. Since I have been with my current partner even this aspect of my health regime has become a lot better.

I am eating more fruit and really enjoying it. I have grown to appreciate steamed vegetables as well and I often indulge in a nice fresh fruit juice, which is just lovely. Of course, when it comes to diet options there is a huge range to choose from, such as p90x meals, and these can really help.

It is good to feel better and to feel a bit fitter. Onwards we go!

No comments: