Monday 29 June 2009

Michael Jackson and Media ghouls

The media services were going crazy over the weekend, panting at the chance to regurgitate the details of Michael Jackson's strange life and premature demise. I tend to cringe at the excitement of the reporters when something supposedly major like this happens. Jackson had, of course, been an amazing talent and I still love seeing some of the early bouncy stuff when he was the undisputed star of the Jackson Five. There was so much talent and so much joy in those young eyes.

His later work didn't appeal to me, nor did his style. I did like 'Billy Jean' but the much-hyped Thriller left me cold. And his squeaky voice urging me to believe that he was "Bad" just seemed silly. A bizarre life, certainly, with many disturbing questions to which the dedicated fans always seemed immune. There was always something strangely cultish about his fans. I always worried about the unstable young boys dressing like Michael, forever practicing the Moonwalk.

No doubt we'll hear much more in the days and weeks to come. Shame is that I already had enough.

1 comment:

smallville online said...

Wonderful blog.I have recently found an online TV Show with great episodes ling ahead to watched smallville online, episodes are very interesting.