Friday 5 November 2010

Building

I love life, I really do, I am not kidding by any means. I love waking up in my nice house and starting the brand new day with gusto. Of course it is not always a happy laughing boy that greets the day like this but in general I feel rather happy and content with my life. And I am thankful for that, I really am and I would not say that lightly mind you. But life also brings its challenges, of course, that is just par for the course. After all, bills need to be paid, chores carried out and apart from that there is a plethora of responsibilities to be considered on a daily basis. The rent needs to be paid and I need to work hard to provide for my family. All that goes without saying, I suppose.

But it all adds up. My own father and mother built their very own house out there in the Western suburbs. We have family film footage of them hammering away, putting together their own home which is an amazing thing in my mind. My dad was a builder and a house painter and he was very good with carpentry and just putting one and one together. Whether it would be Chinese drywall or any other kind of Do It Your self project, he was the man for the job. I still admire him for that as I myself have no such acumen in that particular field.

But you cannot do every thing and some people are better at doing certain things than others. That is only natural. Oh well, not to worry, we all have our strong points and weaker sides as well. That is just the way it is, no worries mate!

No comments: