Thursday 11 November 2010

The home retreat

I love my home. I love coming home after a hard slog at work and enjoying the peace and sanctuary of my very own abode. Although I am not a huge talent when it comes to home decorating I can certainly find some satisfaction in the simple act of putting up some pictures or choosing some furniture. I am very fond for instance of my coffee coloured leather sofa. It is truly a joy to sit down and take a load off. Home is where the heart is, after all. Or was that home is where the hearth is?

At any rate, whatever your home or apartment looks like, whether it is furnished in minimalist style, using sleek lines or whether you have opted for western furniture, we all need a haven to retreat to from the big bad world, I think we can all agree on that mildly obvious but no less vital fact.

When I come home, I first switch on the old trusted computer to see what on earth is happening in the online world that we are now all virtually a part of, after all. Then I tend to make myself a sweet cup of strong black coffee and find refuge on the above mentioned coffee coloured sofa. Music accompanies this little retreat into my own world until dinner needs contemplating.



No comments: