Friday 12 November 2010

Life sure is grand

Life is wonderful. Is it? I certainly believe so. Being a poet I suppose I am simply in awe with creation and in love with life. Smitten, you could easily say. And yes, do not worry, I have seen the darker sides of life as well, times when things were very tough and the outlook was distinctly gloomy. But even in those sullen periods I loved life still. Nothing can remove for me the lure and the splendour that overlays life itself. But perhaps that is just me. I think I am just an old school Romantic at heart if I am absolutely honest for a moment.

Of course, even poets need to do things such as Buy Life Insurance and pay the electricity bills, that much is certain. The mundane side of life is not to underestimated. Ignore the workaday demands at your peril, is my advice and I think it is sound advice.

Life is an amazing thing. Last night, after a tropical day in Sydney, I looked at the heavens and it was a master piece in every single way. Purple and pink clouds, strips of silver and white in between and every shade imaginable was on show on that greatest canvas of all.

No comments: