Wednesday 30 May 2007

Coen brothers

Watched ‘Oh Brother, Where Art Thou’ again on the free film channel Film Four, and once again enjoyed this imaginative flick. They must have a real love for the stories they tell and it shows in the many diverse themes these directors choose to depict.

John Torturro must be one of their favourite actors. He was fabulously downtrodden in ‘Barton Fink’, creepily on the money as Jesus, the pederast bowler in ‘The Big Lebowski’, and he always brings out a fine performance in whatever he does.

I love the surreal humour and light touches that the Coen brothers adopt in their film repertoire. I think my all time favourite film of theirs must be ‘The Big Lebowski’, although I’d rather not have to choose as each of their films can be considered unique in their own right.

My fondness for these films started back in the dark ages with ‘Raising Arizona’ and continues to this day. I hope they keep on making many more of these wonderful movies.
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: