Sunday 20 May 2007

Nasty dream

I dreamt the other night about spiders. Not the semi-cuddly little ones who do no harm, no these were giant size, about as big as a dog or a large cat, and they were everywhere. In my bed (in my dream I awoke to find them crawling between the sheets; nice!), on my desk, and on the bookshelves. They were the Black Widow variety, with the elegant but spooky spindly legs.


At one point I decided to do battle with them as I was in danger of being overrun. I was crushing them between chairs and in-between pots and pans, they even got into the toilet bowl but with the help of the bog lid I was able to crush those few who ventured into such an unholy place.


I’m not keen on spiders and being Australian I should be resistant to the notion of any perceived sense of arachnophobia. I hope this dream is not indicative of an increased aversion to these creatures.


But they are creepy..


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: