Friday 31 August 2007

Battle of the Bulge

For a while now I've been waging a rear-guard Battle of the Bulge. Now in my early forties, I find it a tad difficult to keep up enough exercise to fight my ever increasing circumference. I suppose it's not too bad and I would by no means describe myself as a proper porker, or obese. But I am slightly vain and I remember how trim, strong and lean I used to be as an 18-year old. I was just in the army and the daily dose of physical exercise turned me into a lean, mean fitness machine in a matter of weeks. Ah..those were the days. Perhaps it's still not too late. You do see men of my age and older who have flat stomachs. Perhaps they don't like beer? Who knows? Meanwhile, in Japan they are working on other ways to battle the bulge


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: