Sunday 23 September 2007

Autumn rears its head

It's a quiet Sunday and all of a sudden the weather has turned rather autumnal. Grrr. I generally love living in a part of the world where there are noticeable seasons as such but I always loathe moving from one to another. It's not so much the fact that Summer is now over but I hate the actual few days of moving from balmy sunny late September into grey, slightly chilly October. Oh well. Soon it will be dark and gloomy when I get up in the morning and when I leave work. Long, dark evenings can turn one a tad sullen. Must be why the Scandinavian countries boast the highest suicide rates and alcohol-related problems. Perhaps I should move to California, Spain or the Australian Gold Coast?
I think I'll stick around for a while longer and just wear a jumper when it gets cold. Where have you gone, dear sweet Summer? I hardly knew you..




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: