Friday 14 September 2007

Visitors

This weekend I shall be entertaining some visitors from abroad for a few days. They will have been travelling around Ireland and they will come by in Bristol on their way back to the Southern hemisphere. I always enjoy showing visitors around Bristol; it's quite an interesting place to see with a fascinating history.

When I still lived in Amsterdam I would sometimes get visitors who wanted to be shown around without ever putting in any say or suggestion as to what they'd like to see. I found this quite unsettling. It's good fun to show people things and sights they're interested in but when they just follow the leader and don't show any interest in any one thing over the other it can become something of a chore.

I suppose there's an art to being a good host and guide but equally there is an art to being a good guest and visitor. We'll see what happens..




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: