Thursday 17 January 2008

Posh monnikers

Working in the library of an elite university in England I have seen quite a few very posh students darken the door over the years. I remember one friendly chap who spoke awfully nice, was very polite and turned out the be the eldest son of a certain Lord so-and-so in Hampshire. The family mansion was listed on some very ancient maps my colleague and I looked at on the web. Then there are the ones with the incredibly posh double-barrelled names. These sometimes are quite hilarious and I tend to try to remember them long enough to tell my wife when I come home. It's all good fun and at least they're polite and friendly. None of the riff-raff that was free to wander in off the streets when I worked in a public library. We have to have standards, after all?




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: