Friday 18 July 2008

Maudlin

The absence of any sign of summer is slightly deflating, I'm sorry to say. It does have an effect on me, this lack of sunshine to brighten up my mood. I can see why the Scandinavian countries with their eternal winters have such a high proportion of suicides and alcoholism. It just gets you down those grey skies. Oh well.

A friend of mine is going on a safari to Kenya and is hoping to get some better weather while out there. She is particularly keen to see giraffe and I can fully understand that. I think it would be quite something to see some of those elegant creatures running across the plains. I hope she has a nice time. Personally, I've never been attracted to visting Africa although I'm sure that it is fascinating. There are only so many places one can see and you have to prioritise. That is unless you make world travel your raison d'etre like some other friends of mine who never cease travelling and who have been nearly everywhere at least once.



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: