Saturday 11 September 2010

Shopping..ah

My wife and I recently moved to a new unit. What is a unit I hear you ask. Well, a unit is an apartment, a flat if you will. It is a marked improvement and yes, dear readers, we are very happy with our little family in our new abode. Of course, moving to a new place invariably means..shopping. Oh yes, shopping has been the motto of the day on quite a few occasions. And me being a typical bloke, I can say that the pleasure, at times, was not all mine, but that is neither here nor there. Oh well. A new house means a fresh new start and of course to do that you need a few new things, that is obvious.

Whether you are in the market for western furniture, a new book case or some lovely fresh bed linen, it all helps to make that adjustment to the new residence and to convey a sense of a brand new start. It's all good, as the Aussies say. Funny thing that shopping by the way, whenever I find myself in some shop in a shoppin centre with my better half I tend to see other blokes with their ladies, looking just as weary and lost as I sometimes feel during those expeditions. It is the way of the world, I think, and it will probably always be thus.

I love the new house and it is really a brand new start so it's a nice feeling to be here together. Shopping? Never mind..

No comments: