Friday 10 September 2010

Driving in my car

Cars. Does anyone remember that great Gary Numan song? It was a cracker, that is for sure. All eighties synthesizers and electro pop but so incredibly cool. Somewhere in that track we hear the lyrics: 'I feel safe in my car', or words to that effect, hey come on, I'm merely paraphrasing, alright? Okay then. Well, it is true that the confines of a car can create the illusion of comfort and seclusion, even sanctuary, would you Adam and Eve it already? That, I suppose, is why you regularly see people get up to all sorts while in their car. It is so easy to forget you are still more or less in a public space, even though you are tootling along, listening to your favourite cools sounds and what have you.

All through my life I have owned a car on and off. There have been times where I had to rely on public transport and honestly did not mind that either. Being driven around by someone else who has to watch the traffic is not so bad really. But these days I once again own a car because the family needs one and I have to have a car to get to my place of work. And I love my car. Knock on wood, but so far it has been very reliable. I love driving in this country much better than I ever used to in Europe and the United Kingdom where people are just mad in traffic and the roads are so much narrower. Not for me, mate.

Whether you are looking for a Used Land Rover Tempe or a snazzy hatchback like I was, shopping around for a car is not always that easy so it is good to find a reliable outlet where you are sure to get some decent service. That at least is my experience.

Cars, eh? We blokes could talk about them until the cows come home. No, really!

No comments: