Thursday 9 September 2010

Warm and fuzzy

Where you live is important in so many ways. These days, dear friends, I live in a lovely country with a hot climate. Having said that, it still tends to get a bit nippy in winter at times. I remember my first winter here in the city when I was visiting with my erstwhile partner. We were tired, hungry and cold and even though it had been a nice sunny day all day long when the sun went down it became rather chilly and no mistake. We went to a pub and were quite pleased to find a nice blazing fire in a corner of the watering hole. It was a welcome sight for us weary travellers.

I used to live in merry old England and friends of mine had a fireplace in their comfortable home. It was very nice, even soothing, to warm up in front of the blazing embers on a cold winter’s day. It was just lovely to be quite honest. Central heating, though so much more practical, just does not convey the same sense of warm fuzziness, I think you must agree.

The same goes for wood burning stoves in a rustic country kitchen. These stoves just spell comfort and solid quality. Lovely!

No comments: