Saturday 10 May 2008

Launching a franchise

Someone once told me something that I always remembered. At the time I was slightly dissatisfied with my run of the mill office job and I was considering venturing into the world of launching my own business. This sage friend said to me: ‘You will never grow rich by working for a boss.’ It seemed a very insightful comment at the time and I have to say that it still sounds like good advice. This friend is a former bank manager so he knows how to count the pennies, so to speak.

Starting up your own business is something of a dream to many people who are looking for something better in which to invest their time, money and aspirations. The world is replete with people who are content to just do their job and cash their pay check each month, and that is just fine. But there are also a lot of people who would jump at the chance of putting their energy into a business venture that they could call their own. It is like owning your own home; you put more into it when you know it belongs to you, for better or worse.

But, hard as it is to launch a business of your own, the answer may well be investing in a franchise of some sort, such as a property or a lettings franchise. This could see you well underway to financial independence and a rewarding work/life balance. It is most definitely worth looking into if you are serious about running your own business.






No comments: