Saturday 14 June 2008

Early morning in the precinct

Woke up early this morning, feeling famished, so I set off to the local shops to buy some things for breakfast. Everything was still quiet although of course the shops that I needed to visit were open already. What would be the point of me being there otherwise? A genteel quiet mood filled the air, as the bakery was starting up the ovens, the chirpy greengrocer was laying out his veggies, and the supermarket was a haven of tranquility with just one till open for business.

I got some bread and milk and what-have-you and got in time to fire up the George Forman grill. Moments later I was enjoying a bacon sarnie whilst watching a recorded episode of 'Mock the Week'. A perfect start to the weekend.



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: