Wednesday 7 November 2007

Fireworks

Yesterday was Guy Fawkes Day and there were fireworks and bonfires everywhere. The cats were very brave and wisely stayed indoors where the banging firecrackers couldn't get them. In the evening we had to take a drive to the other side of town and, all along the way, you could see beautiful sparkling fireworks and rockets shoot up into the November skies. Being a Catholic I tend to have some mixed feelings about this particular festival but I can see how it's fun. I heard that in Lewes they still burn an effigy of the Pope on the bonfire when the festivities reach their crescendo. I'm sure I wouldn't want to see that in person. Oh well. Now it's on towards Christmas which no doubt will be upon us before we know it.




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: